This episode of Conversations with Vegan Women Leaders features one of two panel discussions hosted by the Vegan Women’s Leadership Network in August 2020 for VegFestUK’s Summerfest Online event.
We hear from some terrific women from across the globe from diverse professional backgrounds, including vegan entrepreneurs and the program director of a venture capital firm who discuss:
• The challenges they faced when first starting out and how they handled them
• The current challenges they’re facing, particularly with the COVID-19 situation, and how they’re handling them
• Their experiences as vegan women in the business world including the best and worst moments of their professional lives
• Their advice for vegan women and girls who want to combine your careers with your passion, whether that’s working as an employee or starting your own business
• What the so-called work-life balance means to them and how it plays out in their lives
• The key lessons they’ve learned as either an entrepreneur or working in the vegan and plant-based space
• And more
DR DALAL ALGHAWAS is the Program Director at Big Idea Ventures in Singapore and New York, a hybrid venture capital firm whose first fund is the New Protein Fund, which is raising up to USD $50M to invest in the best companies in the alternative protein ecosystem.
JECKS STONE is a wellness interior designer and founder of Persona Abode Interiors, a London-based company specialising in vegan design, for the benefit of people, place and planet.
MELISSA HOBBS is the founder of The Vegan Company, a fashion, beauty and lifestyle media site in Australia.
JESSICA BAILEY is the founder of The Cruelty Free Shop, a vegan supermarket in Australia with branches in Sydney and Melbourne as well as an ecommerce site.
VEGAN WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP NETWORK