The future of plant-based food and alternative proteins has never been brighter. Startups and experienced businesses are continuing to come up with innovative solutions to take animals off our plates, and investors are seeking out opportunities for a stake in these sustainable, lucrative developments.
New Food Invest, a virtual event co-hosted by international food advocacy non-profit ProVeg International and investment platform Beyond Animal, will facilitate introductions and connections between these stakeholders on 18 March, 2021.
Billed as “the world’s first online conference focusing exclusively on bringing international plant-based and cultivated food startups together with investors and venture capitalists,” New Food Invest offers 12 hours of programming, including speakers, panels and networking, across three time zones on one day.
The event opens with convenient access for the Asian/Australian market – MCed by Vegan Women’s Leadership Network founder Katrina Fox – followed by the European/Middle Eastern region and closes with a focus on North and South America.
Participants include investors and startups from the alternative-protein space focusing on both plant-based and cell-cultured alternatives, including meat, seafood, egg, and dairy.
Investors attending will include institutional investors, and qualified venture capitalists, as well as angel investors, and qualified individual investors.
Beyond Animal’s new fintech platform – spearheaded by co-founder Claire Smith, a highly experienced and accredited finance professional – will provide opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors to connect at New Food Invest and beyond, and facilitate deal-making.
Female speakers, investors and panelists
A number of women are speaking and taking part in the event including:
• Heather Mills, entrepreneur and owner of VBites
• Elizabeth Derbes, Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs at the Good Food Institute
• Ira Van Eelen, co-founder and CEO of Kind Earth Tech
• Miyoko Schinner, entrepreneur and founder of Miyoko’s
• Dr Sandhya Sriram, CEO and co-founder of Shiok Meats
• Isabelle Decitre, founder & CEO of ID Capital
• Rosie Wardle, co-founder and partner at Synthesis Capital
• Jo Raven, Senior Manager, Research and Engagements at FAIRR
• Claire Smith, co-founder of Beyond Animal and Beyond Investing
New Food Invest takes place 18 March, 2021.